Temperature logger thoughts

Before all the serial communication tests started I wrote a lot of boilerplate framework code for a temperature logger. Nothing too major, just getting the GTK+/GDK and Cairo pieces into place for whenever I figure out serial communication. Now that I’ve got that handled I’m second guessing myself on how to organize the project.

Right now I have one header file with the function prototypes, and one .c file with all the functions written out. I really think I should split apart the serial communication and Cairo pieces into their own .c/.h files just for the sake of being modular and more organized. I’ve always been very nervous about how to organize projects. Most everything I do is real small < 100 lines of code, but now that (by virtue of GTK needing a lot of code just for simple stuff) I’m hitting the >100 range fast for every project I’m getting sensitive about organization.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s