Here’s my OS X Mountain Lion review, in brief bullets:
- Makes my Macbook Pro (early 2011) HOT, even when not much is running.
- Messages doesn’t pick up on iMessages sent to my phone number, only to my email address.
- Getting Reminders and Notes to sync with my iPhone was rough and confusing.
- AirPlay is cool, but the mouse lag makes it really annoying to use.
- Notifications wasn’t what I thought it would be. I’d really like to see notifications on my phone show up there so I can see missed calls and voicemails.
- Dictation is really neat, but I have no idea when I’d ever use it.
- Trackpad gestures (like four finger swipe for desktop switching) randomly stops working and I have to reboot to get it back.
- Gatekeeper is already an unwelcome addition.
- Setting a specific time for a reminder doesn’t work sometimes. It defaults to a time and doesn’t let you change it.
I haven’t made a new post in a while because I’m busy. My hobbies are at a standstill until some real-life obligations are over with. I figure by mid-August I’ll be back in action.