- RT @texasdemocrats: “While CPAC unpacks their clown car on a convention stage in front of all of America, parents are shopping for supplies… 6 months ago
- RT @scalzi: I do wonder if Greg Abbott woke up yesterday concerned that he wasn't doing enough to bump up Texas' teen suicide rate. 11 months ago
- RT @tonroosendaal: Blender Internal (render) just got removed from the 2.8 branch. Bye bye, you served us well! #b3d https://t.co/4ixOZ8JmcX 4 years ago
- First post in a while. Drawing a bounding box over an image in C#/.net/WinForms. chrisheydrick.com/2016/10/27/dra… 6 years ago
- RT @SwiftOnSecurity: Blue Bell manufacturing plants are dirtier than an NTFS volume after an unclean shutdown 6 years ago
Author Archives: Chris Heydrick
If you do any searching for Cairo or GTK+ tutorials, you’ll eventually wind up on zetcode.com. I’d be content with only a fraction of this guy’s talent for explaining difficult subject matters with such brevity and clarity. It’s not coincidence … Continue reading
I stumbled across this: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7276797/reading-from-an-arduino-tty-with-file?rq=1 I’d very much like to subscribe to that guy’s newsletter.
Preface: Part 1 covered the sketch the Arduino will run for this example, and part 2 covered the resources and other people’s code I used to make sure everything works as expected. In part 3 I’m going to go through … Continue reading
Edit: Part 3 and Part 4 of the writeup. Preface: In Part 1 I covered the Arduino sketch that will output serial data to read on the PC it’s connected to. Next I’ll go over the resources I used to … Continue reading
EDIT: Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4 of the writeup. Preface: I bought an Arduino a few months ago. Many of the projects I want to tackle require that the Arduino send data to a computer through the serial link. … Continue reading
Some initial testing with setting up serial communication flummoxed me. I decided to work up a tool to give me a hand. https://github.com/cheydrick/ssanity Any evening you get to use the ternary operator is a good one, right? ssanity runs through … Continue reading
I really want to get a grip on serial communication. Step one is to set up something to read from or send to. I had hoped that it would be similar to how web servers worked – I can set … Continue reading
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.